Co-Curricular Sports Mission:
The SHMS athletic program provides a positive, structured, child-centered environment where students can learn, explore, experience and enjoy the benefits of participating in sports.
- All 7th and 8th grade students are eligible to participate in co-curricular, after school, middle school sports.
- 6th grade students are eligible to participate in Boys and Girls Cross Country and Boys and Girls Wrestling.
- Registration for all sports during the 2021-2022 school year opens on August 1st, 2021.
- The cost to participate in each sport is $110 per student.
- The fee will be waived for families that qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch.
- Scholarships are available for extenuating circumstances. Please contact Joe Pulice at Joe.Pulice@district196.org.
Registering your student for a sport:
All athletes should be registered before the first day of practice.
The steps need to be done in this order.
- Get a sports physical from your doctor or from a Walk-in/Minute Clinic at Target or CVS. Sports physicals are valid for 3 years.
- Bring the completed sports physical to the main office at SHMS. You can also fax the physical to the main office at 952-423-7601.
- Log into MyPaymentsPlus to register for the sport.
- Pay using your credit card. Participation for each sport is $110. If you qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch, the system won’t charge you the $110.
(If you need help registering, please call the main office at SHMS (952-423-7581) and someone will gladly help you through the registration process.)
- All sports practice Monday through Friday from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. during their respective season.
- Everyone gets to participate!
- Depending on the sport, some sports may have A, B, C teams, based on ability.
- Parents need to pick up their student by 5:00 p.m. on practice days.
- There will be activity busses to take students home after practice each day.
- After the first two weeks of practice, there will be approximately two games/meets/matches for the remaining weeks of the season.
- School busses will provide transportation to and from the games/meets/matches. Parents need to pick up their student at SHMS after games at 5:30.
- If parents are attending the games, they are allowed to take the student home after the game. However, please let the coach know that the student is leaving with the parent.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR HEAD COACHES
Cross Country – Ted Siefkes, Ted.firstname.lastname@example.org
Volleyball – Stacy Lynskey, Stacy.email@example.com
Tennis – Cheryl Faeh, Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys Soccer – David Schlotfeldt, Davidschlotfeldt@district196.org
Girls Soccer – Dan McGrath, Daniel.McGrath@district196.org